Christian Theological Seminary has brought together a dozen leading thinkers for a new podcast series on the future of theological education.
Called “Imagining the Future of Theological Education,” the podcast pairs two people each week with CTS President David M. Mellott and Dr. Deb Mullen, a leadership education consultant and professor emerita at Columbia Theological Seminary. It launched Jan. 19, and episodes will be released weekly.
An offshoot of a series of consultations funded by a Henry Luce Foundation grant, the podcast covers a variety of issues, including accreditation standards, community-based education models, and challenges for minority and LGBTQ students.
Guests on the podcast include:
- Rev. Dr. Fernando Cascante of the Association for Hispanic Theological Education
- Dr. Theresa Delgado of Iona College
- Rev. Dr. Sarah Drummond of Andover Newton Seminary at Yale Divinity School
- Dr. Michael Gilligan, president emeritus of the Henry Luce Foundation
- Rabbi Dr. Rachel Mikva of Chicago Theological Seminary
- Rev. Dr. Boyung Lee of Iliff School of Theology
- Rev. Stephen Lewis of the Forum for Theological Exploration
- Rev. Joanne Rodriguez of the Hispanic Theological Initiative
- Rev. Dr. Christian Scharen, interim pastor at St. Lydia's Dinner Church in Brooklyn
- Dr. Gregory Smith of the Pew Research Center
- Rev. Matthew Wesley Williams of Interdenominational Theological Center
- Rev. Dr. Frank Yamada of the Association of Theological Schools
You can find the seminary’s story on the series, with descriptions of each podcast, here. The podcast is available on a variety of platforms. You can find information on how to listen here.
Posted Jan. 25, 2021